After the successful completion of the programme, the student will receive a certificate (NQF level 5) issued and endorsed by the UFS. Recognition to the Higher Certificate in Management Development is available. In this programme participants will learn to:
- Understand the role of technology in business.
- Understand the impact of Information Technology (IT) in business processes.
- Evaluate the purpose, impact and efficiency of IT for business growth.
- Identifying, assessing, and managing IT and communications risks.
- Review the risk management procedures relating to the use of technology including:- Legal Requirements
- – Policies and Procedures
- Understanding the impact of the Information and Communications Technology (ICT) law and the Protection of Personal Information (POPI) bill on the use of IT.
- Evaluate and calculate the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) in owning and using technology and outsourcing to vendors.
- Understand the impact and cost of Cloud Computing and evaluating future trends in IT.
- The role of technology in business decisions
- IT in business processes
- Changes in technology and the impact thereof on a business
- The impact of technology on business growth with regards to:
- The management of IT risks on the basis of the:
o Identification, assessment and mitigation of risks
o Development of response plans
o Revision of risk management procedures
o Legal requirements
o Policies and Procedures
o Reduction of IT risks
- Protection of Personal Information (ICT Law and POPI Bill)
- Next Generation IT trends
- Defining Cloud Computing
- Technology and TCO
- The use of Microsoft applications in business
Your Lecturer for this online Programme: Business & Information Technology
Tuit | Time to Learn Entrepreneur Speaker