After the successful completion of the programme, the student will receive a certificate (NQF level 5) issued and endorsed by the UFS. Recognition to the Higher Certificate in Management Development is available.
The programme aims at equipping the participant to be able to successfully manage strategic and operational risk in the organisation by introducing a systematic approach to risk management that is backed up by practical guidelines and easy to use templates.
Executives, managers, planners and analysts who would typically be part of a Risk Management Unit or the Strategy Development Team and are seeking best practice ideas for managing organisational risk will benefit tremendously from applying knowledge gained during this programme.
In this programme participants will learn to:
- Apply the concept of risk management in within the participant’s organisations through an understanding of the risks businesses are exposed to, how risk is triggered and the importance of managing these risks.
- Assess risks encountered through the organisational value chain and identify the potential impact of direct and indirect risks (cascading risk).
- Identify risks and issues facing the organisation and compile an issue and risk log.
- Calculate the expected monetary value of risks and assess the financial impact of identified risks.
- Complete the risk / opportunity assessment model.
- Develop issue resolution and risk mitigation strategies.
- Monitor & control the implementation of mitigation and resolution strategies.
- Develop a risk management plan for an organisation.
- Defining a risk
- Risks organisations are exposed to
- The increasing importance of managing risks
- Triggers of risks
- Risks along the value chain
- Cascading risks
- Defining risk management
- The Risk management process
o Risk Assessment
o Risk Response
Your Lecturer for this online Programme: Enterprise Risk Management
Public Administration and Management
Chris Hendriks is lecturing in the Department of Public Administration and Management at the UFS. He completed his Master’s study in Ethics and recently submitted his PhD thesis on Intergovernmental Fiscal Relations. Chris is also an accredited facilitator on the management training programs of the National School of Government.