Entrepreneurship & Innovation
The programme aims to equip the participant to be able to successfully identify and assess his/her own opportunity and to write a business plan for the new opportunity.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON THIS PRODUCT, PLEASE COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING FORM
In this programme participants will learn to:
- Identify and determine what entrepreneurs need to know about the critical driving forces in a new venture success.
- Critically assess successful entrepreneurs and investors create, find and differentiate profitable and durable opportunities from just “another good idea”, and how opportunities evolve over time.
- Estimate and determine the necessary financial and non-financial resources needed for new ventures, identify the criteria used to screen and evaluate proposals, the attractiveness and risk, and how to obtain start-up and early growth capital.
- Determine the critical tasks to be accomplished, the hurdles to overcome during start-up and early growth, and what has to happen to succeed.
- Apply the Venture Opportunity Screening Techniques to an actual start-up idea, and subsequently, be able to develop and prepare a business plan suitable for guiding start-up, attracting financing and realizing an eventual harvest.
- Craft and prepare a personal entrepreneurial strategy to identify relevant issues, requirements and trade-offs.
- Importance and scope of entrepreneurship in South Africa
- The fundamental concepts of entrepreneurship
- Opportunity Screening: The driving forces of successful new venture creation
- Intrapreneurship: Referring to the need for entrepreneurship in big companies
- Opportunity Screening – identifying and presenting an original opportunity
- Innovation and commercialization
- The writing of a business plan
- Creating an entrepreneurial team
- Determining the amount of capital / resources needed to start a business
- Assessing the various sources of funding, focusing on debt and equity