After the successful completion of the programme, the student will receive a certificate (NQF level 5) issued and endorsed by the UFS. Recognition to the Higher Certificate in Management Development is available. In this programme participants will learn to:
- Understand governance is South Africa, specifically in relation to the legal framework.
- Have a proper understanding of corporate ethics and learn how to avoid high risk areas.
- Governance in South Africa, with regards to the legal framework
- Corporate ethics and avoiding high risk areas
- Ethics defined
- Governance o The three pillars for good governance and sustainable development o Accountability in governance o Trust in governance
- Differentiating between right and wrong
- What makes something ethical
- Division of action into three categories
- The importance of ethics
- Rights and responsibilities
- Descriptive ethics o Normative ethics o Teleological ethics o Deontological ethics o Meta-ethical theories
- The art of living – making choices
- Applied ethics
- The natural environment – is it natural/morally correct?
- Man-made environments
- Media issues
Your Lecturer for this online Programme: Ethics & Governance