Leadership Development aims to equip the participant to be able to function effectively as a leader within the work place. The short learning programme focuses on the development of knowledge and skills regarding the context within which the leader needs to lead, the role and behaviour of an effective leader, personal development of the leader, as well as leading a team to high performance. This programme also includes the management of diversity in the workplace by introducing a systems approach to the practical management of diversity at team and individual levels.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON THIS PRODUCT, PLEASE COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING FORM
In this programme participants will learn to:
- Distinguish between the characteristics of the traditional and 21st century organisation and to analyse their organisation’s context and characteristics accordingly.
- Understand the role, behavioral practices and skills of a leader within the 21st century and analyse their own leadership strengths and weaknesses by means of follower feedback.
- To develop and manage self-knowledge in the context of work.
- Understand personality types and the advantages and disadvantages of these types as applied in the leadership sphere.
- Understand a model of interpersonal communication, and apply interpersonal communication skills.
- Understand the role and management of emotions and emotional intelligence in the work place and how these relate to effective leadership.
- Manage conflict as a problem-solving approach effectively.
- Apply specific techniques in accomplishing creative problem-solving.
- Diagnose obstacles in team functioning and understand how to develop groups into high performing teams.
- Explain and define diversity.
- Explain the importance of the management of diversity in the 21st century.
- Describe the principles underlying the management of diversity.
- Distinguish between the management of diversity at strategic-, managerial systems and policies, and operational levels.
- Manage diversity at the operational level through the understanding of the influence of dysfunctional thinking patterns and perceptions at the individual level.
- To apply processes and skills to manage dysfunctional thinking patterns in individuals.
- Organisation context: Traditional versus 21st century organisations.
- The role, tasks and skills of the leader.
- The importance of self-development and self-knowledge within a leadership context.
- Personality preferences and leadership.
- Emotional intelligence and leadership.
- Managing interpersonal conflict.
- Creative problem solving.
- Intra- and interpersonal communication skills and strategies.
- Empowering the team.
- The overall management of diversity with the context of a 21st century organisation.
Your Lecturer for this online Programme: Leadership Development