After the successful completion of the programme, the student will receive a certificate (NQF level 5) issued and endorsed by the UFS. Recognition to the Higher Certificate in Management Development is available.
In this programme participants will learn to:
- Distinguish between the characteristics of the traditional and 21st century organisation and to analyse their organisation’s context and characteristics accordingly.
- Understand the role, behavioural practices and skills of a leader within the 21st century and analyse their own leadership strengths and weaknesses by means of follower feedback.
- To develop and manage self-knowledge in the context of work.
- Understand personality types and the advantages and disadvantages of these types as applied in the leadership sphere.
- Understand a model of interpersonal communication, and apply interpersonal communication skills.
- Understand the role and management of emotions and emotional intelligence in the work place and how these relate to effective leadership.
- Manage conflict as a problem-solving approach effectively.
- Apply specific techniques in accomplishing creative problem-solving.
- Diagnose obstacles in team functioning and understand how to develop groups into high performing teams.
- Explain and define diversity.
- Explain the importance of the management of diversity in the 21st century.
- Describe the principles underlying the management of diversity.
- Distinguish between the management of diversity at strategic-, managerial systems and policies, and operational levels.
- Manage diversity at the operational level through the understanding of the influence of dysfunctional thinking patterns and perceptions at the individual level.
- To apply processes and skills to manage dysfunctional thinking patterns in individuals.
- Organisation context: Traditional versus 21st century organisations.
- The role, tasks and skills of the leader.
- The importance of self-development and self-knowledge within a leadership context.
- Personality preferences and leadership.
- Emotional intelligence and leadership.
- Managing interpersonal conflict.
- Creative problem solving.
- Intra- and interpersonal communication skills and strategies.
- Empowering the team.
- The overall management of diversity with the context of a 21st century organisation.
Your Lecturer for this online Programme: Leadership Development