After the successful completion of the programme, the student will receive a certificate (NQF level 5) issued and endorsed by the UFS. Recognition to the Higher Certificate in Management Development is available.
The objectives of this module are to provide participants with the knowledge, skills and competencies to successfully manage the basic operations of an organisation. More specifically to provide participants with the techniques and tools that will assist them to analyse and develop solutions to business operational and logistical problems.
In this programme participants will learn to:
- Explain the fundamentals of operation and logistics management.
- Apply theoretical knowledge coupled with work experience to solve real life problems in various scenarios in class.
- Evaluate the business environment and select the correct methods and techniques to achieve the optimum solution.
- Defining operations and operations management
- Roles of the operational manager
- The transformation process and operations strategy
- Different types of operations – operation characteristics
- Internal customers and internal suppliers relationship
- Performance objectives and the internal supplier / customer
- Product design / service design
- Capacity and buffering operations
- The supply network perspective
- Inventory planning and control
- Enterprise Resource Management (ERP) and Materials Requirement Planning (MRP)
- Learn synchronisation and Just-in-Time (JIT)
- Quality and Total Quality Management
Your Lecturer for this online Programme: Operations & Logistics Management
MCom Business Management