Short Learning Programmes
Objectives of the Programme
Business and Information Technology aims to provide participants with a practical approach to the management and assessment of the information and communication infrastructure. This aids in achieving business goals based on generally accepted best practices and international standards. This programme will help participants in understanding the role of technology in business, assessing their own business environment and identifying the need for technology in the business environment and organisation.
By the end of the programme, participants should be able to:
- Understand the role of technology in business.
- Understand the impact of Information Technology (IT) in business processes.
- Evaluate the purpose, impact and efficiency of IT for business growth.
- Identifying, assessing, and managing IT and communications risks.
- Review the risk management procedures relating to the use of technology including:
- Legal Requirements
- Policies and Procedures
- Understanding the impact of the Information and Communications Technology (ICT) law and the Protection of Personal Information (POPI) bill on the use of IT.
- Evaluate and calculate the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) in owning and using technology and outsourcing to vendors.
- Understand the impact and cost of Cloud Computing and evaluating future trends in IT.
Who Should Attend?
This programme is aimed at individuals interested in improving their understanding of the impact of ICT on business processes and strategy in order to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of Business Information Technology within their organisation.
- The role of technology in business decisions
- IT in business processes
- Changes in technology and the impact thereof on a business
- The impact of technology on business growth with regards to:
- The management of IT risks on the basis of the:
o Identification, assessment and mitigation of risks
o Development of response plans
o Revision of risk management procedures
o Legal requirements
o Policies and Procedures
o Reduction of IT risks
- Protection of Personal Information (ICT Law and POPI Bill)
- Next Generation IT trends
- Defining Cloud Computing
- Technology and TCO
- The use of Microsoft applications in business
Duration & Accreditation
Duration (excluding time given for the assignment):
- Face to Face – 1 day
- Online – 7 days
- After the successful completion of the programme, the student will receive a certificate (NQF level 5) issued and endorsed by the UFS. Recognition to the Higher Certificate in Management is available.
- All short learning programmes can be customised and offered on an in-house basis.
Ansie Barnard – (+27) 082 900 1080
Adéle Kotzé – (051) 401 7303
EMS Building | Block B | Second Floor | 205 Nelson Mandela Drive | Bloemfontein | 9301