Short Learning Programmes
Objectives of the Programme
The aim of Ethics & Governance is to provide participants with an understanding of ethics and how it influences life choices.
By the end of the programme, participants should be able to:
- Understand governance is South Africa, specifically in relation to the legal framework.
- Have a proper understanding of corporate ethics and learn how to avoid high risk areas.
Who Should Attend?
The programme is aimed at all managers dealing with difficult choices on a daily basis.
- Governance in South Africa, with regards to the legal framework
- Corporate ethics and avoiding high risk areas
- Ethics defined
o The three pillars for good governance and sustainable development
o Accountability in governance
o Trust in governance
- Differentiating between right and wrong
- What makes something ethical
- Division of action into three categories
- The importance of ethics
- Rights and responsibilities
- Descriptive ethics
o Normative ethics
o Teleological ethics
o Deontological ethics
o Meta-ethical theories
- The art of living – making choices
- Applied ethics
- The natural environment – is it natural/morally correct?
- Man-made environments
- Media issues
Duration & Accreditation
Duration (excluding time given for the assignment):
- Face to Face – 1 day
- Online – 7 days
- After the successful completion of the programme, the student will receive a certificate (NQF level 5) issued and endorsed by the UFS. Recognition to the Higher Certificate in Management is available.
- All short learning programmes can be customised and offered on an in-house basis.