Short Learning Programmes
Objectives of the Programme
Enterprise Risk Management aims to equip the participant with the necessary skills to be able to successfully manage strategic and operational risk in the organisation. This will be achieved by introducing a systematic approach to risk management that is backed up by practical guidelines and easy to use templates.
By the end of the programme, participants should be able to:
- Apply the concept of risk management in within the participant’s organisations through an understanding of the risks businesses are exposed to, how risk is triggered and the importance of managing these risks.
- Assess risks encountered through the organisational value chain and identify the potential impact of direct and indirect risks (cascading risk).
- Identify risks and issues facing the organisation and compile an issue and risk log.
- Calculate the expected monetary value of risks and assess the financial impact of identified risks.
- Complete the risk / opportunity assessment model.
- Develop issue resolution and risk mitigation strategies.
- Monitor & control the implementation of mitigation and resolution strategies.
- Develop a risk management plan for an organisation.
Who Should Attend?
This programme is recommended for executives, managers, planners and analysts who would typically be part of the strategy development team and are seeking the best practice ideas for managing organisational risk.
- Defining a risk
- Risks organisations are exposed to
- The increasing importance of managing risks
- Triggers of risks
- Risks along the value chain
- Cascading risks
- Defining risk management
- The Risk management process
o Risk Assessment
o Risk Response
Duration & Accreditation
Duration (excluding time given for the assignment):
- Face to Face – 1 day
- Online – 14 days
- After the successful completion of the programme, the student will receive a certificate (NQF level 5) issued and endorsed by the UFS. Recognition to the Higher Certificate in Management is available.
- All short learning programmes can be customised and offered on an in-house basis.
Ansie Barnard – (+27) 082 900 1080
Adéle Kotzé – (051) 401 7303
EMS Building | Block B | Second Floor | 205 Nelson Mandela Drive | Bloemfontein | 9301