Short Learning Programmes
Objectives of the Programme
To equip participants to grasp the concept of creating shareholders’ value through investment decisions, the financing decision, growth and operational decisions. Most business decisions impact directly on financial performance and cash flows.
It is important to analyse these decisions and its impact on the sustainable profitability of business, using actual problems and case studies.
By the end of the programme, participants should be able to:
- Read financial statements with an understanding of the basic accounting principles.
- Compile a budget, understanding the importance of cost behaviour and the break-even analysis.
- Analyse the financial statements using ratio analysis.
- Perform cost-volume-profit and break-even analysis.
- Integrate both financial and non-financial performance measures using balanced scorecards.
- Evaluate capital investment projects using discounted cash flow techniques.
- Compute the cost of capital, understanding the impact of risk on the required rate of return investors
- Comprehend the importance of sustainable growth and the impact of growth on the cash flows of the business.
- Assess the performance of different divisions using economics value added (EVA).
Who Should Attend?
The programme is predominantly directed at the following individuals:
- All non-financial managers with a need to further their careers and has a desire to understand the scorecard of business.
- Basic accounting
- Analysis of financial statements and cash flows
- Balanced scorecard
- Ratio analysis
- Cost of capital
- Debt versus Equity
- Evaluating Capital Budgeting Projects using Nett Present Value (NPV)
- The management of growth
- Performance appraisal using EVA
Duration & Accreditation
Duration (excluding time given for the assignment):
- Face to Face – 4 days
- Online – 28 days
- After the successful completion of the programme, the student will receive a certificate (NQF level 5) issued and endorsed by the UFS. Recognition to the Higher Certificate in Management is available.
- All short learning programmes can be customised and offered on an in-house basis.