Short Learning Programmes
“Don’t allow yesterday’s failures or tomorrow’s problems to rob you from today’s victory!” – Study Marketing – Dr J van Zyl
Objectives of the Programme
The primary objective of this programme is to learn how to analyse the marketing environment, to formulate marketing objectives and plans in order to sustain a competitive advantage in satisfying the targeted customers. Without any knowledge of what marketing management is, how important it is and how it must be applied in the business, it is unthinkable to assume that any business will be a success. Sound principles of marketing management are aimed at enabling the business to grow and survive.
By the end of the programme, participants should be able to:
- Have a proper understanding of the overall marketing management process and marketing environment.
- Develop a market grid and positioning chart for a business.
- Analyse the product and service portfolios of a business.
- Have a proper understanding of the overall marketing plan.
- Formulate a promotional mix.
- Understand the workings and importance of Customer Relation Management (CRM) system.
- Have a proper understanding of sales and sales management.
- Develop an advertisement for a magazine.
- Discuss the characteristics of a service and the extended marketing recipe for services.
Who Should Attend?
The programme is aimed at all individuals, small and medium business owners / managers that are responsible for marketing and marketing management in an existing or new start-up business.
- Marketing management and the marketing concept module
- The marketing environment
- Consumer behaviour and decision making
- Market segmentation and target marketing
- Product and pricing decisions
- Marketing communication
- Distribution decisions
- Services marketing
- Strategic marketing planning
- Functional / operational marketing planning
- Customer Relationship Management
- The digital marketing environment
- Consumer behaviour and digital marketing
- Digital marketing and marketing strategy
- Contemporary topics in digital marketing
Duration & Accreditation
Duration (excluding time given for the assignment):
- Face to Face – 3 days
- Online – 21 days
- After the successful completion of the programme, the student will receive a certificate (NQF level 5) issued and endorsed by the UFS. Recognition to the Higher Certificate in Management is available.
- All short learning programmes can be customised and offered on an in-house basis.