Short Learning Programmes
Objectives of the Programme
In essence, at its core, business is about providing a superior product or service. The operations function of the organisation consists of all the activities that produce what the organisation produce. It is the function that creates the value that its customers seek. This programme analyses the processes used to deliver products to the marketplace. Several “world class” firms have demonstrated that effective operational management can be a potent and competitive weapon. This programme addresses the key operations and logistical issues in service and manufacturing operations, which have strategic as well as tactical implications. Both quantitative and qualitative techniques and principles, used by leading organisations, are examined.
By the end of the programme, participants should be able to:
- Explain the fundamentals of operation and logistics management.
- Apply theoretical knowledge coupled with work experience to solve real life problems in various scenarios in class.
- Evaluate the business environment and select the correct methods and techniques to achieve the optimum solution.
Who Should Attend?
All non-operational and logistical managers and junior to midlevel operations managers with a need to further their careers and has a desire to understand and improve their organisations operational and logistical dimensions to improve profitability and service levels.
- Defining operations and operations management
- Roles of the operational manager
- The transformation process and operations strategy
- Different types of operations – operation characteristics
- Internal customers and internal suppliers relationship
- Performance objectives and the internal supplier / customer
- Product design / service design
- Capacity and buffering operations
- The supply network perspective
- Inventory planning and control
- Enterprise Resource Management (ERP) and Materials Requirement Planning (MRP)
- Learn synchronisation and Just-in-Time (JIT)
- Quality and Total Quality Management
Duration & Accreditation
Duration (excluding time given for the assignment):
- Face to Face – 1 day
- Online – 7 days
- After the successful completion of the programme, the student will receive a certificate (NQF level 5) issued and endorsed by the UFS. Recognition to the Higher Certificate in Management is available.
- All short learning programmes can be customised and offered on an in-house basis.