Short Learning Programmes
Objectives of the Programme
People (human resources) are viewed by most experts as the most important asset of any organisation. Managing the people within an organisation is often the most challenging and complex task required of a manager. The objective of the programme is to teach the basic principles of human resource management — how an organisation acquires, rewards, motivates, uses, and generally manages its people effectively.
By the end of the programme, participants should be able to:
- Manage oneself and people with different behavioural styles.
- Facilitate self-understanding and emotional intelligence in order to enhance personal effectiveness.
- Equip the participant with stress management skills.
- Understand the role of human resource planning within the strategic environment of an organisation.
- Perform a job analysis as part of the human resource planning process.
- Understand and apply best practices in the recruitment and selection processes.
- Understand job evaluation methods, specifically within a South African context.
- Effectively manage the performance and motivation of employees.
- Understand and apply the various steps in the human resources training and development process in practice.
- Apply the principle of ensuring a significant return on investment of training interventions planned and implemented.
- Understand career management and the function thereof in the human resource system.
Who Should Attend?
This programme is recommended for managers or supervisors who is either currently managing others, has the potential to manage others, or individuals who wishes to grow and develop their management abilities.
- Human resources planning
- Job analysis
- Recruitment and selection
- Training and development
- The meaning and nature of motivation
- Theories about work motivation
- The components of the career development perspective
- The nature and content of performance appraisal
- Performance appraisal techniques
- Job evaluation methods
- The nature and essence of self-development
- Influence of self-image on the individual’s general functioning
- Strategies for improvement of a positive self-image
- The nature and meaning of stress
- Symptoms of stress
- Strategies for handling stress effectively
Duration & Accreditation
Duration (excluding time given for the assignment):
- Face to Face – 2 days
- Online – 14 days
- After the successful completion of the programme, the student will receive a certificate (NQF level 5) issued and endorsed by the UFS. Recognition to the Higher Certificate in Management is available.
- All short learning programmes can be customised and offered on an in-house basis.